2.6.09

A rather poetic ending...

So for those of you who are not making the mission up, there is something rather peculiar happening in Wellington this Saturday. A DIAMOND RING HUNT! ( Valued at $5, 120.)
I was invited to this via FaceBook, and it appears totally legit.

Event : The ring I am giving away Sat 6th of June...This is a ring I bought for a real cool chick, who didn't want it. I would never give it to another girl, and selling it is no good. So, I will leave it somewhere in Wellington city, thus turning an unlucky token into something very lucky for someone else. I will be putting clues on my twitter: donoogle_com. Join up & follow me to score yourself a free ring. Oh, I think this is a public album, so feel free to pass it on to anyone who may be interested. Would be good if it went to someone deserving :).'

Wow. I've heard of someone throwing a rejected ring in the sea, melting it into a pendant for their mother... or 'saving' it for someone else, but creating a hunt via twitter! This guy wins!!! It's a rather beautiful/tragic offering don't you think?
Sign up and Good Luck!

3 comments:

Yule said...

Wow! That is a truly stunning response to the ultimate rejection. Way more selfless than what this guy did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIYRZWBd9Y&feature=player_embedded

LVS said...

This story if front page of the Dominion today...like woah. Such 'news' breakers.

M said...

This must be the plot of a terrible romantic comedy somewhere. And at the end of the movie, the woman who originally refused the proposal finds the ring and realizes she's made a terrible mistake.