20.7.09

There are some issues I struggle to comprehend.  No matter how many people I ask, articles I read, or bulletins I watch, I'm consistently left confused and asking- why? Zimbabwe and just exactly what kind of leader President Mugabe is ( or has become) is one of these. 

For my entire life Mugabe's face has been popping up at 6 o'clock, and stories of injustice, starvation, accounts of heroism, bloodshed and hate ( not to mention the 'D' word) have filled my head with all kinds of conclusions. 

So I decided to rent out this FABULOUS DOCUMENTARY which I recommend you all go and see. ( I've only seen it at the Library so far, but it may be lurking in stores.) It provides a first hand account of those still willing to speak out and traces a short, but very complex history of Mugabe's reign. 

At 85, and after 25 ( or so) years in power, it's high time he steps down, but as the film makes all to clear, for as long as he can - Mugabe will rule. I'm still a bit hazy, but a few of my H,W,W,W and W's have been answered.
Because of the immense danger journalists or anyone daring to speak out will face, those who appeared on the film were forced either to go into exile - or be punished by Mugabe's supporters. 

Shocking, disturbing, heart wrenching ( the list goes on) I implore anyone with an interest to go rent this DVD. 

1 comment:

BB said...

soooooo is no one going to call him MC P Mugabe. Is it only me that thinks he looks like an mc in the top image? Well he does.